By using this Website, you the user (you), are deemed to have read, and you warrant, agree to and accept these Terms of Service in full. Although Dubai SME is putting its effort to support companies in growing and partners in meeting their needs, it is not involved nor responsible of any of the products/services offered by users of this platform.
Changes to these terms and website
- These Terms are effective from 01/04/2019. We may revise these Terms at any time by amending this page or by posting any updated version of either of the policies on this Website. By continuing to access our Website once the revised terms and conditions have become effective, you agree to be bound by the revised terms and conditions. In the event that you do not agree to the revised terms and conditions, you must not access our Website. We will indicate the date that the Terms have been last updated.
- We may update our Website from time to time, and may change the content at any time. However, please note that any of the content on our Website may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update it.
Accessing the website
- We grant you permission to use the Website subject to the restrictions in these Terms. Your use of the Website is at your own risk, including the risk that you might be exposed to any form of data or communication that is offensive, indecent, inaccurate, objectionable, or otherwise inappropriate.
- We do not guarantee that our Website, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions.
- Access to our Website is not guaranteed. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our Website without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our website is unavailable at any time or for any period.
Account and privacy
- In order to register as a User (company or partner) on this Website, you are required to provide certain information on the registration form and register a username and password for use on this Website.
- Each time you want to use this Website, you will need to sign in. Remember to keep your password confidential and do not share it with third parties. This is your responsibility.
- We reserve the right to decline a new registration or remove your account name or ask you to amend it if we consider it to be inappropriate.
- You agree to notify us immediately if you become aware of any unauthorized use of your password or account identifiers by others.
- You can only create an account for yourself, unless you have the permission to register on behalf of another person or organization. You may not use another person's account at any time, without express permission of the account holder.
- You will provide only true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by our registration form. You will promptly inform us of any changes to such information by updating the details in your account.
- You must not use this Website in any way that causes, or may cause, damage to the Website or impairment of the availability or accessibility of the Website; or in any way which is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity, including but not limited to money laundering, terrorism or any other type of illegal activity of any sort.
- You may not use our Website:
- in any way that breaches these Terms, any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- to send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with these Terms;
- to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam);
- to impersonate another person or create a false or misleading identity for the purpose of misleading others as to your identity, or to collect information about other users; or
- in any way that interferes with another User's/Business Owner's use and enjoyment of the Website or in any other manner that could damage, disable, overburden or impair the Website.
- You must not conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities (including without limitation scraping, data mining, data extraction and data harvesting) on or in relation to this Website without Dubai SME’s express written consent.
- If you have applied and been accepted the IAP, you may utilize our Services to post materials, events, announcements and relevant news to your subscriber base in compliance with the Terms and during the period stated in your acceptance. As a member, you may use the Dubai SME trademarks and service marks in connection with your use of our Services so long as you comply with the branding use guidelines we provide to you, as may be amended from time to time.
- You acknowledge and agree that how you utilize our Services as a member impacts our brand. Accordingly, you agree not to utilize our Services in a manner that diminishes and/or tarnishes our image and/or reputation, and that we may terminate your appointment as a member and/or license to use our Services immediately if you do so.
- You may not enter into any form of agreement on behalf of IAP without our written approval.
- By sending us any ideas, suggestions, documents or proposals (“Feedback”), you agree that (i) your Feedback does not contain the confidential or proprietary information of third parties, (ii) we are under no obligation of confidentiality, express or implied, with respect to the Feedback, (iii) we may have something similar to the Feedback already under consideration or in development, and (iv) you grant us an irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide license to use, modify, prepare derivative works, publish, distribute and sublicense the Feedback, and you irrevocably waive, and cause to be waived, against IAP and its users any claims and assertions of any moral rights contained in such Feedback.
IP rights and data ownership
The Website and content are protected by the copyright laws and other intellectual property laws of the UAE and are protected globally by applicable international copyright treaties.You own the content you posted, we own the IAP content including but not limited to the visual interfaces, interactive features, graphics, design and all other elements and components of our services excluding Your Content, User Content, and Third Party Content. We also own the copyrights, trademarks, service marks, trade names, and other intellectual and proprietary rights throughout the world (“IP Rights”) associated with the IAP Content and our Services, which are protected by copyright, trade dress, patent, trademark laws and all other applicable intellectual and proprietary rights and laws. As such, you may not modify, reproduce, distribute, create derivative works or adaptations of, publicly display or in any way exploit any of the IAP Content in whole or in part except as expressly authorized by us. Except as expressly and unambiguously provided herein, we do not grant you any express or implied rights, and all rights in and to our Services and the IAP Content are retained by us.
Use of data
We may use Your Content in a number of different ways, including publicly displaying it, reformatting it, incorporating it into other works, creating derivative works from it, promoting it, distributing it, and allowing others to do the same in connection with their own websites and media platforms (“Other Media”). As such, you hereby irrevocably grant us world-wide, perpetual, non-exclusive, royalty-free, assignable, sublicensable, transferable rights to use Your Content for any purpose. Please note that you also irrevocably grant the users of our Services and any Other Media the right to access Your Content in connection with their use of our Services and any Other Media. Finally, you irrevocably waive, and cause to be waived, against Techstars and its users any claims and assertions of moral rights or attribution with respect to Your Content. By “use” we mean use, copy, publicly perform and display, reproduce, distribute, modify, translate, remove, analyze, commercialize, and prepare derivative works of Your Content. We are authorized to use in any way for the purpose of publicizing the site as well as the products and services of IAP and also to grant sub-license on the same basis. This license will terminate when the you remove the relevant content from the site.
Linking to our website
- You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
- You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
- You must not establish a link to our Website in any website that is not owned by you.
- Our Website must not be framed on any other website, nor may you create a link to any part of our Website other than the home page.
- We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
Third party links and resources in our website
- Where our Website contains links to other websites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only.
- We have no control over the contents of those websites or resources nor do we review or control their content.
Warranties and compensation
- This Website is provided "as is" without any representations or warranties, express or implied. IAP makes no representations or warranties in relation to this Website or the information and materials provided on this Website.
- Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing paragraph, IAP does not warrant that:
- this Website will be constantly available, or available at all;
- the information on this Website is complete, true, accurate or non-misleading; or
- any part of this Website constitutes, or is meant to constitute, advice of any kind.
- You agree to on demand compensate and hold IAP, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, any related companies, suppliers, licensors and partners, and the officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives of each of them (collectively, the "IAP Entities") harmless, including costs, liabilities and legal fees, from any claim or demand made by any third party arising out of or relating to (i) your access to or use of the Website, (ii) your violation of the Terms (iii) any content that you post on the Website, or (iv) the infringement by you, or any third party using your account, of any intellectual property rights or other rights of any person or entity. IAP reserves the right, at your expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter for which you are required to compensate us and you agree to cooperate with our defense of these claims. You agree not to settle any such matter without the prior written consent of IAP.
Limitations of liability
- Nothing in these Terms excludes or limits our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, or our fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or any other liability that cannot be excluded or limited by the laws of the UAE.
- To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to our Website, or any content on it, whether express or implied.
- IAP will not be liable to you in relation to the contents of, or use of, or otherwise in connection with, this Website:
- for any use of, or inability to use, our Website;
- for any use of or reliance on any content displayed on our Website (including any content submitted by Users or Business Owners);
- for any purchase and use of products or services offered by third parties on our Website;
- for any indirect, special or consequential loss; or
- for any business losses, loss of revenue, income, profits or anticipated savings, loss of contracts or business relationships, loss of reputation or goodwill, or loss or corruption of information or data.
- We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our Website or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
- We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked on our website. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites or any products, services, or information, and do not imply an association between IAP and the operators of the linked website. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
- Our services are made available to you on an “as is”, “with all faults” and “as available” basis, with the express understanding that the IAP entities may not monitor, control, or vet user content. As such, your use of our services is at your own discretion and risk. The IAP entities make no claims or promises about the quality, accuracy, or reliability of our services, its safety or security, or the site content. Accordingly, the IAP entities are not liable to you for any loss or damage that might arise, for example, from our service’s inoperability, unavailability or security vulnerabilities or from your reliance on the quality, accuracy, or reliability of our services, or information found on, or made available through our services.
- The IAP entities make no claims or promises with respect to any third party, such as the businesses or events hosted by third parties listed on our services or our service’s users. Accordingly, the IAP entities are not liable to you for any loss or damage that might arise from their actions or omissions. Your attendance at events and/or use of services offered by third parties through our services is at your own discretion and risk.
- The IAP entities expressly disclaim all warranties, whether express or implied, including warranties as to the events listed on our services, and implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement.
- Your sole and exclusive right and remedy in case of dissatisfaction with our services or any other grievance shall be your termination and discontinuation of access to, or use of our services.
- The IAP entities disclaim liability for any (i) indirect, special, incidental, punitive, exemplary, reliance, or consequential damages, (ii) loss of profits, (iii) business interruption, (iv) reputational harm, or (v) loss of information or data.
- You may expose yourself to liability if, for example, (i) Your Content contains material that is false, intentionally misleading, or defamatory; (ii) violates any third-party right, including any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral right, privacy right, right of publicity, or any other intellectual property or proprietary right; (iii) contains material that is unlawful, including illegal hate speech or pornography; (iv) exploits or otherwise harms minors; or (v) violates or advocates the violation of any law or regulation.
- Your attendance and participation at IAP Events is voluntary, and you agree to assume responsibility for any resulting injuries to the fullest extent permitted under applicable law. By the same token, you agree that we are not responsible for any injuries you might sustain at Non-IAP Events listed on our Website.
- You (for yourself, your heirs, personal representatives, or assigns, and anyone else who might make a claim on your behalf) hereby release, waive, discharge and covenant not to sue, IAP and its respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, partners, shareholders, members, agents, employees, vendors, sponsors and volunteers from any and all claims, demands, causes of action, damages, losses or expenses (including court costs and reasonable attorneys’ fees) which may arise out of, result from, or relate in any way to your attendance at any IAP Event or Non-IAP Event posted on the Website, except for any gross negligence or willful misconduct on our part.
- You further agree to indemnify and hold IAP, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives harmless, including costs, liabilities and legal fees, from any claim or demand made by any third party due to, related to, or connected with your attendance or conduct at any IAP Event or Non-IAP Event.
Breach of these Terms
- Where we have determined, in our discretion, that there has been a breach of these Terms, we may take such action as we deem appropriate including:
- disabling your username and password
- removing, suspending or disabling your access to the Website or any content on the Website;
- issuing a warning to you;
- using any technological, legal, operational or other means available to enforce these Terms.
- We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of these Terms. The responses described in paragraph 13.1 above are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
- You can terminate your account at any time by sending an email to the IAP team. This will, where applicable, remove your profile and other personal information from view and prohibit you from accessing the Website a registered user. Once your registration is terminated, we will have the right to delete your account.
- On termination, each party keeps any rights they may have prior to termination.
Business Village, Block B, 2nd Floor, Near Clock Tower