Last updated as on 27 May 2022
If you register on our Website, or participate in our surveys, promotions or events, where allowed by law, we may use your personal information, such as name and contact information, as well as information about your preferences or profile information, to send you updates, newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials, including communications that may be targeted to you based on your personal information, as permitted by law. We also may, from time to time, contact you about a particular offering that may be of interest to you based on publicly available information, or information obtained through the Dubai SME network and/or Events you’ve attended. You will have the ability to opt out of such communications.
Collection of personal information
Generally speaking, we will provide you on request with access to the personal information we hold about you. If there is a reason why we cannot give you access to such personal information, we will let you know. If you become aware of any errors relating to your personal information held by us, you should amend your account information online to the extent possible. If you have any difficulty in amending your account information, please call or email us.
Types of personal information
- Registration : When you register as a user of this Website we collect your full name, email address, telephone number, address, together with other information as may be requested on the registration form from time to time. It is your responsibility to maintain and update the personal information that you provide to us when setting up your account.
- Use of this Website : We may collect personal information about you when you enter information on this Website.
- When you contact us : We may collect personal information about you when you contact us. Such information is used to verify your identity and respond to your query.
- Information obtained from third parties : We may collect personal information from third parties. Such third parties may include the companies that provide services to us (i.e. service providers) and our group companies. We may also collect information from credit reporting agencies.
- Computer information : When you visit our Website, we may keep and use information about your visit including your Internet Protocol (IP) address, the date and time of the visit. We may also keep and use information about your computer (for example, browser type) and your navigation information (for example, the URL of the site which referred you to this Website and the pages you visit on this Website).
- Document uploadWhen you upload documents, opportunities or events on the Website
- Surveys and feedback : We may conduct surveys on the Website or by sending you emails, to ask for your feedback regarding our Website and the quality of the service we provide to you. Your feedback is important to us and enables us to improve the quality of the service we provide to our customers. You are free to provide us your name and other information, in which case we may store such information as personal information.
- Other information : We may collect additional information about you in ways not specifically provided for here. In such cases, we will endeavour to inform you in advance of how we will use your information.
We do not take responsibility for any personal information or other details that you post on this Website, such as reviews, comments, images, ratings or discussions. This becomes information that is available to all our users by its nature. You acknowledge that if you post content or provide information on this Website then such content and information will be accessible to the users. You should not post other people's personal information on this Website (including, for example, images of other people) without their consent.
- Access – provide you with information about our processing of your personal information and give you access to your personal information.
- Correct – update or correct inaccuracies in your personal information.
- Delete – delete your personal information.
- Transfer – transfer a machine-readable copy of your personal information to you or a third party of your choice.
- Restrict – restrict the processing of your personal information.
- Object – Object to our reliance on our legitimate interests as the basis of our processing of your personal information that impacts your rights.
You can submit these requests by email to the IAP team We may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and process your request. Applicable law may require or permit us to decline your request. If we decline your request, we will tell you why, subject to legal restrictions. If you would like to submit a complaint about our use of your personal information or response to your requests regarding your personal information, you may contact the IAP team or submit a complaint to the data protection regulator in your jurisdiction.
You must not post any content which:
- is made in bad faith or otherwise insults, upsets, embarrasses or harms other Users or Business Owners;
- is calculated to incite hatred against any ethnic, religious or any other minority or to adversely affect any individual, group or ethnicity;
- hurts national unity or social peace or prejudices public order or public morals;
- harms the interests of the State or offends its dignity;
- is from a terrorist group or illegal organisation;
- you know to be false or inaccurate;
- where any such content states an opinion, is not genuinely held;
- criticises the Head of State, Rulers of the Emirates or undermines the Constitution;
- exposes the State's security and interests to danger or otherwise prejudices public order;
- involves instigation against Islam or the system of ruling, or if it causes harm to the interest of the state or the values of society;
- violates public discipline and order, or involves insult to children, or calls for or circulates subversive ideas;
- instigates criminal activity or incites hatred or provokes action of dissension among individuals of society;
- contains confidential official or military communications, or includes conventions or treaties the government holds before they are published in the official gazette;
- comprises minutes of meetings, deliberations or court hearings that are published in bad faith, misinterpreted or distorted;
- blemishes the president of an Arab, Islamic or any other friendly state;
- causes or could cause agitation to relations between the UAE and other Arab, Islamic and friendly countries;
- defames Arabs and their civilisation or heritage;
- contains news on an ongoing criminal investigation;
- contains news, pictures or comments about an individuals' private life that is meant to disgrace such individuals;
- discloses any secret that may cause harm to the reputation of someone, or his property, his commercial name, or is meant to coerce somebody into paying some money or render a benefit to someone else, or the like;
- contains any false news about someone;
- contains news that could cause harm to the national currency or damage to the national economy;
- includes any phrases, expressions or pictures that are inconsistent with public conduct, or otherwise mislead the public;
- includes advertisements for medicines or pharmaceutical preparations;
- maligns a public official or anybody occupying a post in the public prosecution or assigned to perform a public job;
- incorporates reportage involving more than one person unless it covers points of views of all parties involved in that reportage;
- is intended to gather donations without a licence;
- includes any material that is prejudicial to public morals;
- contains software viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs designed to interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of the Website or any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- blackmails a User into committing an offence or doing something that would prejudice their honour;
- impersonates any person, or misrepresents your identity or affiliation with any person;
- is likely to deceive any person;
- gives the impression that the content emanates from us, if this is not the case;
- is otherwise unlawful, defamatory, discriminatory, pornographic, obscene, abusive, threatening, harassing or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offence or that would give rise to civil liability;
- infringes any third party's intellectual property rights, moral rights, or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy (whether subsisting in the UAE or elsewhere);
- could damage us and/or our group companies, which together shall be referred to as the "Prohibited Content".
Operator’s control on content
We can take down or amend any content posted by you at any time if it does not comply with this Content Policy or if we consider it inappropriate, unsuitable or if it is necessary to comply with the law. We can also prohibit members from attending events for no reason, and can cancel an event without liability or prejudice.
We will take the utmost precaution in data transfer, as per the law of the UAE. We use reasonable and current internet security methods and technologies to keep your personal information secure. However, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed as completely secure. As a result, although we try hard to protect your personal information provided to us, we cannot guarantee its security and you transmit such information at your own risk. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential and for complying with any other security procedures that we notify you of. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Exposure of content
- You are responsible of any content and/or information you post and assume all risks associated with that.
- We may use Your Content in a number of different ways, including publicly displaying it, reformatting it, incorporating it into other works, creating derivative works from it, promoting it, distributing it, and allowing others to do the same in connection with their own websites and media platforms (“Other Media”). As such, you hereby irrevocably grant us world-wide, perpetual, non-exclusive, royalty-free, assignable, sublicensable, transferable rights to use Your Content for any purpose. Please note that you also irrevocably grant the users of our Services and any Other Media the right to access Your Content in connection with their use of our Services and any Other Media. Finally, you irrevocably waive, and cause to be waived, against IAP and its users any claims and assertions of moral rights or attribution with respect to Your Content. By “use” we mean use, copy, publicly perform and display, reproduce, distribute, modify, translate, remove, analyze, commercialize, and prepare derivative works of Your Content.
- We reserve the right to remove, screen, edit, or reinstate User Content from time to time at our sole discretion for any reason or no reason, and without notice to you. We have no obligation to retain or provide you with copies of Your Content, nor do we guarantee any confidentiality with respect to Your Content.
You agree not to, and will not assist, encourage, or enable others to use our Services to:
- Violate our Content or Event Guidelines as set forth in these Terms
- Violate any third party’s rights, including any breach of confidence, copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral right, privacy right, right of publicity, or any other intellectual property or proprietary right
- Threaten, stalk, harm, or harass others, or promote bigotry or discrimination
- Send bulk emails, surveys, or other mass messaging, whether commercial in nature or not
- Violate any applicable law
You also agree not to, and will not assist, encourage, or enable others to:
- Violate the Terms
- Modify, adapt, appropriate, reproduce, distribute, translate, create derivative works or adaptations of, publicly display, sell, trade, or in any way exploit our Services or Site Content (other than Your Content), except as expressly authorized by IAP
- Reverse engineer any portion of our Services
- Remove or modify any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notice that appears on any portion of our Services or on any materials printed or copied from our Services
- Record, process, or mine information about other companies and/or users
- Reformat or frame any portion of our Services
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to our Services, user accounts, computer systems or networks connected to our Services through hacking, password mining or any other means
- Use our Services or any Site Content to transmit any computer viruses, worms, defects, Trojan horses or other items of a destructive nature (collectively, “Viruses”)
- Use any device, software or routine that interferes with the proper working of our Services, or otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of our Services
- Use our Services to violate the security of any computer network, crack passwords or security encryption codes; disrupt or interfere with the security of, or otherwise cause harm to, our Services or Site Content
- Remove, circumvent, disable, damage or otherwise interfere with any security-related features of our Services, features that prevent or restrict the use or copying of Site Content, or features that enforce limitations on the use of our Services.
By participating or attending events, users agree that they may appear in some photos, or share photos with IAP, and authorize their use for promotional purposes IAP is not liable for the photos and videos taken and published by others in one of the events that was posted on the platform
Business Village, Block B, 2nd Floor, Near Clock Tower